Thursday, September 29, 2005

Just a Soldier

I've been following Jason's blog for a little over a year. Now he has a book out on 10/4 based on his experiences in Iraq. I'm happy for him. As he said in an email about his new book: " I am so excited/nervous, I think I might become incontinent." One of my favorite quotes from his blog (now containing only 'deleted scenes' that aren't in his book): "Communicating with the Iraqis is nearly impossible, so we tend to stick to hand signals. To an Iraqi, the 'thumbs up' used to mean 'up your ass', but now we have taught them that it means 'A-Okay'. This ambiguity is absolutely sublime. Kids all across Iraq (and soldiers) can now use an obscene hand gesture with impunity."

Here's a review of his book.
- Media Player Stream from Morning Sedition, Air America Radio
- KCPW Salt Lake City, UT
- National Public Radio
- Wired